c:\windows\system32\credui.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contain an error

Simple solution replace the DLl file.


Before few days in my office one colleague told me that she was getting issue in many of the program

Each time when she run the program she get an alert message that bad image and this program cannot be run c:\windows\system32\credui.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contain an error. I dint know what was the issue in credui.dll but I had to make it done as fast as possible.


For me best fastest possible solution was to replace the dll with some dll file of other machine and I did try that. I tried to replace the dll with my Vista machine dll and I found I do not have permission to replace the file.


I took owner ship of windows system 32 fold and then I tried for this and found I was not able to replace the file. I tried everything but I found no success in replacing the dll in system32 folder.


After this I did a simple trick and that worked

First I attached the infected hard disk in my computer as secondary hard disk.

Take the ownership of windows\system32 folder

Now I renamed credui.dll file as credui_old.dll

Now copy the new credui.dll file in infected computer from working computer system32 folder.

Now remove the old file.


Now attach the infected hard disk in main computer and start the machine.


Hope fully everything would work fine. If you find any issue please let me know by email or comment I will be more than happy to help you


Thanks for being here

0 comments:

Clicky Web Analytics